Tuesday, February 21, 2023

MAIN CAST IN FRIENDSHIP

Friendship is life story with the main cast and supports. As our life goes on, we ourselves or the people around us are either giving and taking in one way or another in many scenes and from there we meet and get lots of acquaintances, social friends and colleague, common friends, several casual friends and close friends, and one or two intimate friends or best friends.  Some may come and some may go but some stays and we keep this loop goes round and round and on and on, and they make up the cast of our story.

 

In five years of my search to find the true friends among the casts, there are different ways I am using to find the friends that I can be with in times of difficulty, success, and even in ordinary events.  I have some old good friends who I went back to reconnect with, I have current colleague whom I made myself closer in hope of becoming friends, and I have old and current friends that I leveled up the relationship to make it the turning point to become that true friends.  But it is so difficult because everything has no assurance.  Either we are so far to each other, or I do not know if I can be with them or can I still be with them?

 

There are people whom we had soft spot even before that somehow have become our friends because we used to be with them before: high school classmate, former colleague, or childhood playmates. And the fact that we had soft spot with them, that alone says they can be the possible choices that we wanted to be friends.  That is maybe because there are similarities in our personalities, in likes and dislikes, or whatever characteristics that are matching with us.  Your friendship may did not continue because of your separate life that you pursued but when out of nowhere and out of the blue you remember it, you will find there is still soft spot in your heart no matter how many years have passed.  And when there is chance, it is so nice to go back them to continue the friendship because there is already the similarity or mutual feeling between the two of you. 

 

Sometime one of the main casts is seemed to be not in the happy ending.  Sometimes we thought we already found it but sometimes why it seems there are looming obstacles?  In my five years of searching true friends, I went back to old friends but it looks like my prayers to be with them finally for life will not be granted.  Reasons might be because they will not stay for good in the place where I will stay in my retiring home.  Or we will not meet in our hometown when we decided to go home because our places are miles apart.  Or it could be we are not sure if we will still be able to see each other because life is a matter of time.

 

There are second chances.  I have friendship that was given a second chance to renew the friendship.  Though we were reconnected, there is a feeling of regret in me that I should have done something then.  I should have done it then during the times when we build friendships that I can do something actually, friendship would have developed and grown.  There are many times, things and trials that were wasted that could have cemented the friendship’s foundation.  To my friend before, parted miles away from each other, and reconnected again: friendship is not in the distance, frequency of conversation, and numbers of shared beautiful things that happened, it is not about these things but it is in the greatness and cleanliness of good thoughts for each other.

No comments: