Thursday, May 11, 2017

OF MEN AND THE FULL MOON



Every time I see the full moon, I can think of a friend who made me bright during my darkest night.  My life is like mellow-drama soap. I have resentments, regrets, failures that hold me back.  I have pain that makes me low esteem.  I have burdens in my life that I keep for long.  I feel darkness that turned routine and seemed it is already part of my life that keep on haunting (and hurting) me all my life.  Plain, weird, naïve… my days and nights are boring.  But I accepted it because I thought this is what meant for me and besides I already used to it.  Until a friend came who showed life is more than these by showing the reality and it opened my mind into the diversity of life.  The world is not enough to describe the beauty of life that I have so many choices to pick which one, or two or three?

I have still some reservations and melancholy that are already engraved in me, but amidst of these my friend made me the full moon shining bright in the dark of the night.  Making me happy alone in the so wide space, like the moon alone in the dark sky.  The world may be dark but once in a while it becomes bright when the full moon comes.  It is nice feeling to be happy, it may be temporary but I have hope, like the moon, that happiness will come again, soon.  My friend made me feel that I can be the moon, despite of having hard times, failures and burdens in most of the times, my life can shine some times. The problems may remain there but there are the other side of this world that maybe better than the world I used to live (or hid).  Life is not prototype.  Life is not a single choice like what I have.  In many times we had the chances of exploring our life, we can found what we really want.

But the full moon can be the other way where it is the friend.  In my moment of sadness, here comes a friend, bearing the light of the full moon.  When in times I need answers, someone takes away my doubt, insecurity and even the pain that I am suffering from challenges of life.  A rescuer came to brighten up my days.  I will always remember a friend who owes own self after the full moon.  The personality, the strength, and the spirit – I may shine through in the environs that so blue because the light from a friend shines in me.  I will have high regards to the full moon and it has a special place in my heart, so every time I will see the moon, I will always think of a friend because it reminds me a moment in time that I will keep for the rest of my life.


Time and time again, the full moon will come and go but human will pass in this world once.  When I get old, when I am feeble to walk on walking stick, when my teeth gone, wrinkles line on my face, when I became exactly how the real old man looks like, there is only one thing that I will always remember when I look up at the sky and see the full moon – my friend.   Whether or not the full moon is me or my friend, I will always give the respect of the full moon to my friend.  And when the time I get old and reminisce my better days, I will shed tears pondering the happy days of today’s the full moon brought into my younger life.

No comments: