Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ON GETTING OLD

When I was just a child at the age of 7, 8, up to let's say 12, I'd have this question of what will be the life of young men at 15, 16, up to let's say 19? Because I can't imagine them at their age being pampered by their mothers. When I reached that age and enjoyed what it stored for me, I'd have then the enigma of what the young men in their early, mid and late 20's will have in their lives. If I reached 20, I thought I'll be so old and life will have sudden change from comedy to drama.

But I found out that the feeling of being in his 20's is the same with those in teens. Life is like a game, you have to play it. You may lose but you must play to enjoy it. 20's is the stage of my life that I would say my high days, although I had my share of failures, sorrows and difficulties too. But what prompted me then was the thinking of reaching the age of 30 will make and may say us we are getting old - already old. However, when I’ve approached at that age, I'd felt it is just the same with the feelings of people in their 20's - nothing has changed. I still have the same feelings, the same outlook, and the enjoyment.

There are no changes, the emotion is the same. The physical body grows and gets old but the heart doesn't ages. It stays young as long as you know how to enjoy your life. Smile and stay positive. You will never enjoy your life if you will not smile. Take it easy. If you take each day and accept the reality of life either good or not that good, you will reach your age today contented and satisfied - that is success. Age is just a matter of number.

I got a midlife crisis then but I somehow managed to outgrow it and accepted that I’m reaching the age of 40. What really important is the outlook in your life that everybody will go in the same direction. So, forget your worries on getting old. It is not important what your age is. If you reached 30, 40, 50 or more and you can say you are okay - that's your reward. It is not important if you are old, what really matter most is if you have learned your age.


Alex V. Villamayor
March 30, 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex!
Congratulations for having this blog where you can bless the world with your talent.
I will be visiting this blog as often as I can. I look forward to reading more of your work...
All the best!
Marino