Saturday, June 10, 2017

SUPERHERO

In fantasy movies, there are Superheroes who fight to defeat the enemies, lawless and even the disasters.  Superheroes are the defender of the oppressed, savior of the universe, protector of humanity.  They are brave, they go to danger.  They are powerful who can defeat the bad elements with their bare hands.  They are fair and just, they bring justice, put everything in order and correct the wrong.  And they are so kind who choose the welfare of the humankind.    Unfortunately, Superheroes are just in the fictional movies.  In real life, there is nobody who has an extra ordinary power and strength to defeat the evil.

But I want to become a Superhero.  I want to help the people.  I want to defeat and stop the evil.  I want to save the world.  Actually it comes to my mind the possibility of becoming a Superhero when I wanted to believe the impossible is possible.  Back when I was a child, I believed I am the chosen one.  I am from poor family and occasionally bullied during my childhood.  I waited for the messenger sent to reveal that I am tasked to save the universe.  Until in my mid-twenties, I again opened the idea of becoming a superhero.  I am a simple and ordinary citizen, maybe the superhero will come from the common people that I am.  In fact in my weird moments when I tried to figure out myself as a Superhero, I have able to come up this great fictional character (later I named Super Pinoy).  The superhero I created is the epitome of greatness, nothing as fast as, as bold as and as dynamic as him.  I want a Superhero that is invincible and immortal.  I give him the combination of many powers like the power of air, water and fire.  He has a unique power of invisible man to penetrate the secret missions.  And I even created my costume wearing glossy red overall attire, with vivid blue trunks and white cape. These three colors represent my sense of Filipinism.  Complete with blue wings covering on both ears, wide blue metal wristband on the arms and blue boots. 

I am dreaming of a Superhero. In my dreams I was flying. I can fly to run after the enemies, swim at the deepness of the sea, cross the burning fire.  I fought the demons, zombies, other creepy and out of this space creatures to save the people.  I helped in the catastrophe from natural calamities.  These were some of my tasks during my early days of becoming a superhero.    Basically it was so rural, that was my idea from a young alter ego when I created the superhero.  But days have passed and things are changing, now that we’re in the 21st century where we are living in a fast-paced and high tech modern world, my view and concern become global and my ultimate mission is to save the world from mass destruction weapons.  I will stand in the middle of the warring forces to ward off the bullets and ran after the dropped missiles, flush water to make them impotent and seize up the air borne from exploded chemical bomb.  I have to confront the leaders and persuade them to discard these weapons or else warm them they will receive their own ferocity.  Aside from world supremacy and dominance, greed destroys our world and environment.  I want to repair the damages of our nature.  I must stop the illegal environmental activities that cause severe climate change and destroy the mother earth.  And, in this high tech computerized world, I want to penetrate too the cyberspace to seize, block and hold accountable the cybercrimes, cyber bullying, trolls and fake news.  The height of the keyboard warriors must put in end and restore the values that the elders thought to us.

Despite all of these actions, ironically I hate violence.  But if I can have the power to make a change, if where and how do I get it, maybe from God or maybe from outer space, I would accept the great responsibility to become a great superhero.   All this is because of my warm desire to achieve the world peace.  Because all I wanted is just to make our world a better place to live in.

No comments: