Sunday, October 20, 2019

STEAK: A FOOD TRIP REVIEW


Recently, I had food trip after long years since the last I had, and it was coincidence to fall almost on the same date.  I do food trip to experience the other side of my menu so usually I choose foods that I don’t eat during ordinary days.  If I am in the kitchen, I have my same old ingredients like chicken breast and green leafy vegetables, no salt, no added spices, no artificial seasoning.  So when I do my food trip, I think once in a while I can deviate from the so called proper foods.  It served treat for myself.  Before, I visited three to four places but this time it was not food hopping from one eatery to another.  This time around, I wanted my exciting and intense food experience happen in a fine dining restaurant.  I chose this famous American steak house and one of the best grill restaurants in town serving great steaks.  From outside, the aura was inviting and inside it was cozy.

Treating myself in one of the best steak houses, I ordered Angus Tender with Spanish rice and mashed potato.  Famous for its specialty steaks grilled over open fire but I preferred its signature black rock grill to slow cook my own Angus in a specially-treated volcanic granite stone.  Literally it was cooking your foods by yourself right in your table.  Although it was quite messy with that smoke, smell, and the squirts of fats from cooking Angus but I don’t mind because it was enjoyable especially when you were doing it with your friends.  Better to wear casual t-shirt when you prefer this.

It is your choice, you want it well done or over cooked.  I actually made it five to ten minutes grill, I think it was already half cooked.  What was happening then was no longer the quality of foods that I went for but the fun of doing your foods.  It was fair, the taste was fine, nothing I can remember special to come back.  The Angus was well-tender but not juicy and I found it so fatty.  I like the Spanish rice, I like how tomato sauce made the rice, and the sliced thinly red bell pepper added the dramatic taste and smell.  I actually would like to do it when I back home.  I was not impressed in the side dish, the mashed potato was simply not floppy.  There was no after-taste.  I will not mention the name of the restaurant.  It was only one of the menus they serve.  They have array of foods to serve and it is not fair that just for this one menu will overlook the rest.  Safe to say for their Angus, it did not satisfy my taste bud but all in all, it was a fantastic night of food trip.

Food trip is refreshing and entertaining experience.  You can do it even every now and then if the kind of your trip is low-fat and natural foods but if it is on the other side, just do no overdo it.  You need to experience food trip.  It can bring you to a closer relationship or well-rounded yourself otherwise it will lead you to nearby clinic for treatment of the illness you got from “fancy foods”.  For someone like me who used to go for lite and low calorie foods, I was a bit guilty myself.  But it did not bother me that much since times like this only take place once in a while, I am at ease it has no huge impact to me, that’s the perk.

No comments: