Wednesday, January 20, 2021

2021 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

2020 is no doubt unforgettable.  This is the year we all got affected. Our life was suddenly stopped and changed.  We were all caught-up unprepared.  Fear, uncertainty wrapped around the world.  And it taught us lessons.  Those lessons, I want to live them thru my New Year’s resolutions.

 

When making New Year resolutions, don’t get confuse resolutions over wishes.  Resolutions mean it’s like you are promising, not wishing something.  So in no particular order, here are my 2021 New Year Resolutions:


1. "I will make myself more God-fearing person"

2020 taught me to realize to make good our existence in this earth.  Everything in this earth has its time.  We are in time now where people are at their worst - invincible, violent, greedy, liar.  And these made me agreed the prophecies.  Yes, I am afraid of it but I thought thru holding into God’s compassion, I want to please Him as much as I can.


 

The year was eye-opener and wake-up call to reflect.  I want to be kind.  Maybe not religiously by the book, but by heart because I admit it is difficult but by having a child-like heart, I guess.


2. "I want to improve my health"

I’m not getting any younger now.  My goal is to reach 60 without health issues though I find it harder now but I need to motivate myself.  Health is wealth.  I don’t want to spend my entire pension for medicine.  Yes, it’s inevitable as part of aging but I want it gracefully.


3. "Be serious to save more"

Last year it was one of my resolutions but I did not meet it.  New year resolution is not silly thing.  Yes you may not able to do I but still it is better to have because at least you have good start and motivation that you can focus on.

 

The pandemic taught me the need to have big savings. So that in case a big unexpected event happened like this, at least you can go a long way.  I need to go back to my core – that is simplicity.  Make it simple, and I can get rid of less important.


4. "Have quality connection to family and friends"

This year, I want to improve my relationship to my family and friends.  I am so quiet and independent person and these overshadow my sincerity to them.  The problem with me is I don’t really speak much because I am running out of words and matters to talk.  I am more into messaging. But I think I need to talk to them more often.


5. "Keep Optimistic"

Last but, definitely not the least. For me, 2020 is the least liked year but from here I want to pick-up lesson of positivity. That out of this downside, we can look at the lighter side.

 

In times I feel sad about uncertainties, I want to believe this pandemic will pass and the cure will generally effective.  When I feel frightened and helpless about dooms prophecies, I will turn and hold on to my faith.  In times I feel pressured and losing hope, when times and age are against me, I will uphold to my belief that all these, I can fully free from my dues and enjoy my retirement plans.

 

I just hope 2021 is better year, just keep on praying.

No comments: