Wednesday, May 08, 2019

THOUGHT OF LIFE


When I was at age of twenty’s, I thought life is only for chosen people: for rich, famed and good-looking men and women.  This because I see them so fortunate that they enjoy life with no barriers, limitations, hesitations.  I see well-off people buy anything they want, pay whatever amount, have almost everything in enjoying the comfort in life.  I see well-known people easily earn instant spot of recognition.  The rich and the famous are practically enjoying the nice thing about life, do and get whatever they want, get our respect, admiration, compliments, praise, recognition, and become powerful to command or influence.  They get all the privileges in life: good school, good company, good connections, advantages, and chances are they have good future.  And yes, those pleasing personalities just get the peoples’ approval easily to love with.  All these people have all the good opportunities.

Life in this world is for these chosen people and it looks like it’s more on “what you can, what you want” if you are the chosen.  It’s about what these people can do and what they want.  It’s all theirs, and it’s amazing and I am not rich and famous and handsome.  And I even thought to myself maybe I am not for this world.  Should I recluse, hibernate?  In my early and young life, there are so many little things I want to buy but I can’t because I have to prioritize the family needs first.  I wanted to help friends to get job, to give this or that but without belittling, I was just a poor rank and file clerk.  I felt I am not really rich, popular and yet I was not blessed with pleasing personality.  I don’t have that adorable face to love and it actually caused me to lose confidence in taking risk of romance/relationship.  I cannot get along with my personality.  Is this life?

But things changed.  As the days go by, as the passing of times, Through the running of days, over times until when I reached my middle-life, my early thought in life has changed.  Times, experiences and maturity changed my thought in life, interests, priorities, and ambitions and they lead me to learn simplicity.  I am not rich and popular but it doesn’t feel me less a man and feel sad.  I accepted my means, not settling for less but I learned to dream reasonably and realistically.  I don’t aim too much and over, as long as at least I can improve the world today a little, as long as I am sound and can extend some help on my capacity, that is enough.  No materialism, simplicity is the key.

Today my take in life is so simple.  I am in a point I care less how my look is.  My hair, may face, my shirt…. I mean, with these things, I am no longer insecure with my physical look today not because I look myself attractive but because I don’t think this is important.  I don’t think I need to look adorable to impress or to feel confident that is pointless to prove or senseless to use because I am in a point where I don’t care about my looks.  I am contented of what I have, of my means, my capabilities – it’s definitely not too much but I am happy, not secured but I accepted.  If I don’t become rich, popular and powerful, then fine.  The older I get the more I fee contended.  I think the older you get the less-necessities you need.  As long as I don’t harm other people, I feel good.  I think this is the most important.

Success is not measured in the size of wealth, number of awards and meaning of title.  To call successful doesn’t need to become millionaire or business magnate, multi-awarded person or Hall of Famer, or being called Chief Executive Officer or coined The Youngest Beatboxer.  If you were able to own properties as fruit of your hard labor, satisfied how you raised up your children, or simply happy with the result of taking care your health, then you are successful.  Success lies on happiness and contentment. If I am contented with what I have achieved regardless if it is small or huge, and I feel happy about it, then I think I am successful.  That’s my two-cent.  Let us not waste our times finding answer in our never-ending satisfaction.  Occupying your times with plans, sentiments, regrets forget to be happy.  Life in this world is too short to mess up.  Make the most of it, live your life in full but not for yours all alone – be considerate.

No comments: