Tuesday, July 20, 2021

MY TOP-5 TRAVEL DESTINATIONS

I am a simple, semi-conservative and nature-loving person, I am supporting the local travels and tours in my country.  And of all the travel destinations I excitedly visited, there are simply outstanding, amazing and remarkable and there are not so surprising that brought great impact to my expectation and memory.  So I came up with this list of my top-5 most favorite travel destinations based on the charm of the places.  I can say those travels that have nice service, foods or the happy bonding with family or group but they are different stories.  On this list, I have just focused on the natural beauty of the places.  So in no particular order, here are my top-5 most favorite destinations.


1. BORACAY

Boracay is the once I called, paradise.  Why not when it has the greenery, white sand and clear water.

Each island in the Philippines is virtually paradise, but Boracay is easily beautiful.  First time I visited the island was during its best days.  That was in 1990’s where the plenty of green was there, the long stretch of white sand was relaxing, and less tourist were nestling in the serene island.  It was very peaceful and so nature.  Boracay is simply one of the best beaches.

Boracay is tropical island in Western Visayas.  Going there from Manila, I had to travel to Kalibo Aklan to Caticlan to Boracay island.

And then I have seen Boracay in 2013 and the island has changed so much.  Commercialized, crowded and loud, cramped space.  I was lost, searching the old Boracay I used to love – looking for the green, looking for the sands?  But then again, the island is still beautiful.

For this travel, I will call it “Best Beach Boracay”.


2. SIQUIJOR

This is mystique Siquijor.  I like Siquijor because it is uncommercialized which means, it is so pure, clean and quite.

Siquijor is in central Visayas.  Going there, there is flght from Manila to Dumaguette. From the airport, take a trike to the port and take ferry or boat to Larena port of Siquijor.

While in there, I visited the churches (San Isidro Labrador convent, and St Francis of Assisi church), the enchanted century-age Balete tree, its clean and nice beaches - I like Cambugahay falls.

And what makes me like Siquejor even more are the people.  You will not feel out of place because they are approachable.

Siquijor is still unassuming or shall I say undiscovered tourist spot?  It is all nature, no artificial sceneries.  The beaches are still crystal-clear, the flora and fauna are still untouched.  And thank God, I visited Siquijor in its natural beauty and its purest.

For this spot, I will title it “Seek your Siquijor”.


3. PALAWAN

It is dubbed as the last frontier.  Palawan is where human and animals meet and greet. There are crocs here, monkeys there and me.

From Manila, there are direct flights to Puerto Princesa and Busuanga Airport.

I like Palawan because simply it is so nature.  The rock formations are amazing.  The landscape is so real.  I like the forest is conserved & protected. You can sleep in the sound of crickets in the night and wake-up with the chirping birds.

I like the underground river.  It was different experience, and proud moment.  I like safari in Calauit Island, you can have interaction with live animals.  And I like Coron specially the Kayangan Island, it is the best scene I had in there.

For this spot, I will caption this “My only One, Palawan”.


4. BATANES

It is on the northernmost part of the Philippines, the home of the wind – Batanes.

Batanes is definitely my most favorite destination and place.  Very quiet, peaceful, clean, cool, simple and it is full of greeneries. Very beautiful, everywhere.

Going there, I took the first flight from Manila to Vasco Batanes.  When in there, it is like a different country.  There is no resemblance of urban cities, of the modern life.  No traffic, no littering, no pollution, no crime.

I visited the Mt Carmel Church.  There is the Vayang Rolling Hills, Valugan Boulder Beach, the Marlboro Hills.  I ate delicious rice which is an Ivatan cusuine.  I had a coffee in Fundacion Pacita, an art gallery slash coffee house.

Batanes means light houses and stone houses.  Batanes is called the home of the winds.  Stone houses were perfectly built there.  I have seen the oldest stone house – the house of Dakay.  There is the Honesty store, a store that no one is overseeing.

Life in Batanes could be backward but I would rather choose it because there is so much respect in nature and in people’s life.

For this spot, I will call it  “My goodness, Batanes”.


5. BANAUE RICE TERRACES

Lastly, it is dubbed as the eighth Wonder of the World.  It is the Banaue Rice Terraces.

When I went to Banaue Rice Terraces, I became a bit emotional because, those pictures that I see only in books, calendar, and magazines when I was a kid… finally I saw it right before my eyes and witnessed its massive beauty.  Going there, the travel from Manila through bus.

This is the majestic Banaue - dubbed as the eighth wonder of the world.  It’s all green in there.  Seeing Banaue rice terraces, you will give so much high respect to those people who made it.  While I was traveling in Banaue and seeing the sceneries along the journey, I felt the innocence of life and its unearthly things and I liked it

Being there, I can say it’s being close to nature.  If there are places that I want to go back again, Banaue Rice Terraces is one of them.

And for this spot, I will name it “Wonderful Banaue”.


There you have it, that was my top-5 most favorite destinations.  This is my take on “It’s more fun in the Philippines”.  I would like to end this by saying “travel while you are young and able".


No comments: