Monday, June 18, 2018

LECHE FLAN (EGG CARAMEL)


Leche flan is my childhood’s favorite dessert although I did not able to eat it very often because back then, leche flan seemed to be not popular choice for the common average family like mine.  (I think the cost and utensils cause it)  But still it is my favorite dessert because in every teaspoon size, I really love that soft, smooth and so sweet dessert.

When it comes to leche flan, I always wanted the very soft and smooth texture.  Then I have discovered that it is in the egg yolk that will make the softness.  I have to lessen the usual eggs that I am using.  To share that, here is my current measurement in making that soft and smooth leche flan.

9 medium eggs (yolk)
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk (or 1 cup fresh milk)
10 tbsp Brown sugar
Vanilla extract


SYRUP:
1. To make the syrup, boil the ten tablespoonful of brown sugar in one cup of water.
2. Put vanilla and let it simmer until the bubbles come and becomes thick.
3. Pour the syrup to the molding pan.  Set aside.
MIXTURE:
4. Get the egg yolk and beat slowly to avoid creating big bubbles.
5. Pour the condensed and evaporated milk on it and mix well. 
6. Using strainer to remove the bubbles, slowly pour the mixture in the molding pan and cover it (maybe an aluminum foil).
7. Place it on the steamer and let it steam for 30 – 45 minutes.
8. Cool down and keep refrigerated.
9. And lastly, just eat right.

Tips: 
1. Steam in low heat only.
2. Do not put too much water so that it will not touch the molding fan when it boils.




No comments: