In search of another healthy foods, here is another one that instantly became a personal favourite of mine: Tuna in Brown Rice. It is a viand and rice in one menu, the green leaves is just for presentation but the main dish here is the tuna and rice. For the preparation, here are the complete directions.
150 grams tuna flakes
1 cup of brown rice (or any other regular rice)
1 small carrot
1 small green bell pepper
5 cloves of garlic and small onion
Lettuce (Pechay Baguio is option)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the brown rice, then set aside to cool down. You need to slightly mash it.
2. Get the large leaves of the lettuce, rinse and dry.
3. Press / or flat the long white part of it (in the middle). This is to make the leaf soft and not easily break during the rolling. Set aside.
4. Using the oil in the canned tuna, sauté the minced garlic and onion.
5. Add the tuna flakes, stir.
6. Add the carrot (linear cut and thinly). Stir.
7. Add the green bell pepper (linear and thinly). Stir.
8. Put some salt and pepper to taste.
9. Add the mashed brown rice. Stir.
10. Remove from stove to cool down.
11. On each leaf (depends on size), put 3 tablespoon of rice and tuna and carefully roll.
12. Serve while hot.
And lastly, just eat right.