At first I thought this will going to be difficult but not really when I tried it. Maja Blanca is a famous Filipino desert made from coconut milk, cornstarch and sugar as the basic ingredients but over time, others ingredients were added. Milk, corn, macapuno and langka are added to make varieties or flavours of Maja Blanca depends on one’s taste buds. Below are the ingredients for a special Maja Blanca:
- 4 cups coconut milk
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cans of condensed milk (395g)
- 1 ½ cup fresh milk or 1 can evaporated milk (400g)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 can kernel corn (198g). Jackfruit and macapuno can be added too)
- 5 tbsp toasted grated coconut
1. Bring the coconut milk into boil.
2. Add the sugar, condense milk, kernel corn, jackfruit and macapuno then stir well. Let them boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. In a bowl, pour the evaporated milk and add the corn starch then dilute.
4. Then mix the evaporated milk and corn starch to the cooking coconut milk and flavouring ingredients.
5. Low heat and stir it until the desired thickness is achieve.
6. In a tray, pour all the cooked mixture and flatten the top, set aside until cool down.
7. As an option, garnish with toasted grated coconut shred or toasted coconut milk (latik)
8. And lastly, just eat right.