Saturday, February 28, 2015

CHICKEN ALA KING



Every time it comes to my mind, making Chicken Ala King gives me a difficult to prepare impression until I tried to do it and it was not what I thought as that difficult, that I will not need to go baking it.  It is a simple and easy since the ingredients that will be needed are not that much and complicated.I thought this dish is similar to Carbonara because of its creaminess but they are different of course.  Here is how it goes in making my Chicken Ala King.

INGREDIENTS
a.)  1/2 kilo chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
b.)  ½ kilo pasta, shell or elbow
c.)  1/2 cup all-purpose flour
d.)  1 cup, non-fat milk
e.)  400 grams mushrooms, sliced thin
f.)  1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
g.)  salt and pepper taste
h.)  1 small red bell pepper, minced (option for garnishing)

PROCEDURE
1.  Cooked the chicken until tender. Remove the chicken, cool down and cut into cubes.  Set aside the broth.
2.  In a pan, heat the oil and sauté the mushrooms.
3.  Add the green bell pepper, salt and pepper.  Stir until mushrooms are softened and starting to brown.  About 3 to 5 minutes.
4.   Add the chicken broth.
5.   Whisk the flour in milkuntil smooth and add into the pan.  Stir often.
6.   Add the red bell pepper and stir.
7.   Add the chicken and mix the red bell pepper.
8.   Serve hot or cold, with biscuit on the side or plain.

The nice thing about this, my first two Chicken Ala King has drawn nice feedback from friends who tasted it and inspiringly I would like to do it again and again.

And lastly, just eat right!


By Alex V. Villamayor













No comments: