Thursday, June 25, 2015

ADOBONG TOKWA


Here is another variant of Pinoy's mos favorite and versatile viand of all time, Adobo.  This time, I would like to try Tofu Adobo.  In search of another healthy variation for adobo, it took long time to pop in my mind the idea of my favorite tofu.  I just acrossed in this idea when I recalled how I usually eat tofu which is in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, sliced onion and red chilli pepper. With this, I thought it could be also another adobo.  And here are what I prepared:

Tofu (tokwa)
Garlic
Onion
Soy sauce
Vinegar
Bay leave (laurel)
Salt and pepper

Procedures:
1. Cut the one-forth kilo of tofu into 1” thick.  (Depends on your choice, you can fry it from this first cut or you want to cut it again into 1” square/cubes.  I preferred to fry it on the first cut and just cut it into cubes afterwards.  This is because it will shrink.)
2. On a pan, fry the tofu until turned golden brown then set aside. If you chose the first cut, then cut it again into 1” square/cubes after you fried.
3. Sauté the minced garlic and onion.
4. Pour the soy sauce and vinegar.
5. Add the bay leaves and simmer for a minute.
6. Add the fried tofu.

And lastly, just eat right.


No comments: